Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Fall Came....and Went.....


As I sit here in my office looking out the window at all the snow we have for the storms the last week I am reminded that fall is gone, see ya, audios but then looking at the blog I see that I did not post some of our fall pictures which is not a shock since I have failed at blogging but have not fear-my goal is to have that solved. So here was our fall....in a glance.

Having 30 trees (really if you have not seen our yard we have a butt load) creates a lot of leaves and the what seems like never ending racking starts. The kids got excited about the leaves-especially Annie who enjoyed throwing them at herself, the camera and Ethan. Ethan loves to rake with us-he uses a little kid rake. He cannot actually move many leaves around but he loves being like Mommy and Daddy racking!


Ethan also is a monkey as I think I have mentioned before. He is always climbing on or in something. I found in this the drawer where the kids cups are and count not resist taking a picture of it.

Halloween is a favorite time of year at our house since it's Annie's birthday! She turned 4 this year! I know I say it each year but really where does the time go? We had a fun Halloween themed party at my parents with family. I had fun picking out spooky themed food and drink. For her cake she wanted a princess castle. There are more fund pictures from her party on our photo share site. This year she drew out her own pumpkin and Brandon did his best to help her carve it.
We had their costumes picked out for a month or so before hand since I like to get mine off eBay for a fraction of the cost. Annie wanted to be Cinderella and for Ethan we found a super cute Tigger costume which was not only warm but so fit his bouncy personality. He loves to be active and bouncy so it worked! My cousins Sam and Sierra joined us for the Tick or Treating fun. My parents and also Cori come too. I loved seeing Sam the werewolf helping the sweet little princess to each door. Ethan picked right up on what he was supposed to do, often trying to get more then just one piece of candy. He was usually the first to the door. You don't have to tell that boy twice when there is free candy.
I guess that being so cute is painful for Annie. Even still it was the only picture of them together. Might have to have them dress up and try it again.
Also in October we had our first snow. It was not much and melted fast but Brandon took the kids out to build a little snowman and enjoy it. Ethan did not have his own gloves so he borrowed some of Annie's so that he could eat the snow which he loves to do. We have since gotten him his own gloved but he still wants to eat any snow he can find and yesterday tried to eat an icicle as well. He is so unlike Annie who did not put anything and everything in her mouth.

No comments: