Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Max and Cheese

A Kid's Cafe where parents are tolerated is their motto-and what a fun place it is! It's located in Orem at 1631 N. State Street in the same center as Costa Vida. I found a coupon for them months ago and could not wait for them to open. Well this week was the big week! So we went there tonight! They opened on Monday and are so much fun. Annie loved it and did not want to leave. If you have kids and live in the area-you must check them out. Here is a link to their site. Here are some pictures from tonight-sorry if they are kinda grainy-they are from my cell phone.


They have a fun menu with tons of kid friendly items and then soups, salads, pasta and wraps for the parents. They also have cute touches that make them kid friendly. In the middle of the dining area is this circle full of fun things for the kids to play with.
Here is Annie and Brandon playing. They have tons of high chairs, and boosters but my favorite was this "phonebook" booster. The owner said she found it on Target's website. How cool is that? Of course that is what we got Annie to sit on.
One kid friendly item is this "puppy mix" which was cubes of cheese, goldfish and grapes. Annie ate more of that then she did her mac and cheese!
They also had sippy cups ready to use. Annie is not into sippy cups-she likes straws much better but I loved the idea!
Here is Annie pointing to her food and showing you how yummy it was. The kids meals are in the $4 range. She has the cheesy noodles that came with a bread stick.
Here is my dinner. The adult items were about $6-8, but the owner said that you can also order any kid item in an adult size. I got the Chicken Caesar Wrap and instead of chips I got carrot sicks, celery and apples along with ranch to dip them in (well maybe not the apples).
Brandon got a BLT wrap with chips.
They also had way cool lights-I did not get any pictures of them-guess you will have to go and check them out in person! Also if you go to the bathroom-look up. They added some fun florescent diffusers.

4 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

Oh my goodness what a fun place!! We might just have to go there when we come up in May...what we are coming up in May?? Oh yes, I was to call you this week...but Jacen is a bit under the weather and I haven't been able to get my hands on the phone without him pressing all the buttons and whinning into it...NO FUN!! Anyway, I love the idea of Max and Cheese. Everytime I hear about a Kid friendly place I want to create one of my own...the list is getting long. Kids just need more places to go be kids :) Thanks for sharing!

Scott and Stacia said...

May?? Hello?! maybe having a sick or teething child (which ever it is) is causing me to lose my memory. It is MARCH—yes next month :)

The Gould Family said...

That sounds like so much!!! Next time we're in town we'll have to get together and go there! ;0)

The Gould Family said...

*i meant "so much... FUN", lol.