Everything I read right now talks about how Annie's brain is a sponge and watching everything. This is really becoming evident. A month or so ago we started really brushing Annie's four teeth. When I brush my teeth she usually comes into the bathroom and watches and then we brush hers. Last week she wanted to brush hers while I was brushing mine and she did not want ANY help. Have I mentioned how independent she has gotten? Anyway back to the story....so I give her the brush with tooth paste on it, she puts it in her mouth and starts "brushing" her teeth. Once I was done so was she. I went to take the brush to make sure the teeth actually got brushed-she got very upset at me that I was helping, so I let her do her thing. She bent over (she was in my arms) and reached down to rinse it in the water, then reached over to where we keep the brushes and put it in! I could not believe it! She knew just what to do!
Another funny thing she has been up to is "washing" things with her wipes. When we get one out to clean her up or something she wants an extra. Then she decides what need to be washed. Sometimes it's her, or her Dad's face. On Thanksgiving she decided my Mom's feet needed to be washed. My Mom was sitting in her chair with her feet up, Annie came over and started wiping her socks with the wipe. It was funny! Then yesterday at church she decided the bench we were sitting on needed cleaning and wiped it! At one point she got frustrated about something (maybe a spot that was just not coming out) waved her arms, made some noise and then went back to cleaning! Wonder where she leaned to clean...it sure is not from watching me-lol! Keeping up with her hardly gives me much time to get anything done!
2 comments:
I love that you posted about both of those things--because those are some of my girls' favorite things! We had to make a rule with Kallie that we brush for "10 seconds," (we count REALLY slow), and then she brushes for "10 seconds," (we count much faster).
dang, now that she is paying so much attention you have to be a good example!
Post a Comment