Wednesday, March 14, 2012

January-Lets get out!

Here I am 24 weeks along! Looking back I was so small!

This winter was an interesting one. We did not get much snow and the snow we would get did not stay around long. Despite that it was still just a little colder than we would have liked to pay outside. So we did our best to keep the kids busy and also keep me resting. Ethan always keeping us entertained had a phase where he wanted to wear a backpack at all times. He would see Annie take one to preschool each M,W,F and wanted one too. We found the Thomas the Tank Engine one and one day after nap found he had slept in it!
The kids love our pets. They enjoy playing with Molly and Bob (when he will let them). Molly is in Ethan's room each night while he falls asleep. She is a great dog. She will see us getting them ready and will walk in and wait. I let her out once he is asleep but they both seem to enjoy the time she is in there.

One Saturday when it was raining in the valley we decided it get out of the house and see what was going on in the Provo Canyon. We drove up past Sundance and saw snow! Lots of it too! We did not think to wear our snow-bibs but that did not stop the kids from having a blast and playing in the snow. They climbed up the snow banks created by the plows and even did a few snow angles. They had a great time driving past where Mommy and Daddy like to snowboard. Both the kids really want to give that a try-maybe next year when I am back on the snow!


Also this month Brandon used his art skills to paint a tree in our neighbor's nursery. The were expecting a girl (born later in February) and wanted to have a tree with flowers in her room. Brandon designed the tree and then went to work! The kids and I hung out with Melanee and her son who is the same age as Ethan, several days a week for a few weeks while Brandon worked on the tree. It was so nice to sit on someone else's couch for a little while and visit! The tree turned out great! Melanee found some beautiful fabric flowers to add to it and the nursery is adorable! I now see a monkey mural in his feature for the boys room....
Speaking of artists, both Ethan and Annie love to paint! That was another way we passed time this month. They love to water color. Here Annie is painting her favorite animal, a giraffe and I cannot remember what Ethan was painting. Annie does a lot of crafts at preschool-it's her favorite part! I think she has for sure followed after her Daddy on her art skills.

We spend another day at the bank opening up savings accounts for the kids. They took in their piggy banks and deposited all the money they had. They were both very excited to have bank accounts and while I am not sure they fully understand the concept they love the idea!

No comments: