Monday, January 30, 2012

Let the Weekly Appointments Begin


Today I saw my regular OBGYN Dr. Young. Like the specialist, he was so shocked and surprised by the results of Dakota. The first thing he said was how great prayer is. We completely agree! He was so excited the fluid looks good and his growth is good. My tummy is also just about on track measurement wise.

I talked to him about what the next 12 weeks look like. Could I go full term? Where will I deliver? Could he be the same size as my others? I see Dr. Gainer next week (29 weeks), then Dr. Young the week after (30 weeks), then Dr. Gainer (31 weeks), then Dr. Young. At that last appointment I will be 32 weeks and we will see what the specialist decided at the 31 weeks appointment as far as if I need to keep seeing her or if she will have Dr. Young do more scans and Non-stress tests. He will keep watching for growth and make sure the fluids stay at a good levels. If either of those drop they will deliver him early. He agrees however that if we keep on this path we can get to full term. As for where I deliver will depend on if I am high risk still. If I am I will be at Utah Valley if not I can deliver at Orem. So that is still up in the air! More to come in the weeks a head.

3 comments:

Melanee said...

When I got your text the first thing I thought was, "thank goodness for prayer." I think it's wonderful. I've been meaning to stop by to give you something and to get an update. I'll get around to it. I saw Dr. Young today too and he said based on where I'm at now I'll probably easily see 39 weeks. I've been depressed ever since. Why can't she come at 38 weeks? I hurt so bad. But I'm thankful she is doing well. I suppose I have no reason to whine. Anyway, way to go Dakota! Keep it up. P.S. So many compliments on the tree, everyone who has seen it loves it.

Scott and Stacia said...

I am so glad to hear this weeks appt went well. Hope they continue! Prayer is so awesome!!

Elmer Family said...

Melanee-That is hard! I hate the end of pregnancy! I hope that its not a hard time! Glad everyone loves the tree!!