Thursday, December 17, 2009

Winter Time!

This week we are in a heat wave (in the upper 30's low 40's !) but last week it was down right cold! There were several days were it did not get much above 20 degrees. We also had some nice snow storms. Annie asked if she could go play in the snow and make a snow angel. It was then I realized that I was not prepared-she had a jacket, hat and gloves but that was it. So the hunt was on.

I decided we would start at Target for snow boots and a bib. I thought for sure they would have some. Not only did they not have a single snow boot, bib, or jacket for that matter anything around her size but they had swimsuits out!!!! Hello! It just started snowing! Really we need bikinis? So after staring at the kids section in unbelief I decided to try ShopCo. They had snow bibs but no boots. After a dinner stop I decided to try Kmart. Here they had boots (ya!), princess ones even which Annie was super excited about, but no bibs. At this point it was 8pm and I need to get the kids (and myself) home. I was tired from dragging two kids from store to store by myself. Once I got home I decided to try her bibs from last year just in case....and they fit!!!! I was super excited. The next after work I got her dressed and let her go out and play.

I bundled Ethan up and put him in my sling. We watched Annie and took pictures.

A few days later we got more snow. Monday while I was home with a killer migraine, Annie and Brandon build two snowmen. I thought it was funny how she stood like a snowman when Brandon took the picture. Now that she has all the snow equipment she needs, Annie wants to wear her boots everywhere and finds every pile of snow to walk in.

2 comments:

Sumptuous Stitching said...

Cute! :)!

Scott and Stacia said...

Look at all that snow...Crazy!!! I am glad you were able to find boots and that her bibs from last year fit. Enjoy!!