Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sick Elmers

Sunday night we come home from California and the Monday I was sick. After going to the doctor and finding out I had bronchitis, I took Tuesday off to rest. That night Annie started to get a fever. Wednesday a I called her doctor's office to take her in. I assumed that she had bronchitis like I did but boy was I wrong. She had H1N1. Since she is not high risk there was nothing they could do but let her body run it's course. We hoped that Ethan would not get it since we were told with his age it would not be good. H1N1 is spread by air-we tried really hard to keep Annie for coughing or sneezing anywhere near him. Saturday my worst fears came true-Ethan had a fever. I took him to the doctor. After an exam and a test they confirmed he had H1N1 too. Since he was high risk they gave him Tamaflu and said to start it right away. Boy was that a life saver. He did not have a fever past Saturday and started the road to feeling better. Then Brandon got sick-he got my bronchitis but a mild form. By yesterday they were all back to normal without any complications. I can honestly say that while the H1N1 was not fun to have it was not at all what I imagined it was-for that I was grateful!

No comments: