Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Catch Up Time

Since I last posted life has flown by. Annie is excited about counting down to her birthday on Halloween. Maybe more exciting then that is she is excited about being a mermaid for it. She loves Ariel more then anything right now. She is as silly as ever-making up words (I'll have a video on this later) , and just making us laugh. Last night we were watching TV-I was telling her something about what was going on. She said "Mom, can you not talk and just watch TV?" I love how kids can be totally honest. She has a huge imagination and loves to play in her room all the while talking. She has "friends" who come over and play with her and also run errands with us. Being like all Elmer's I know-she is very artistic. Brandon has been taking a watercolor class and she has to paint anytime he is also. She has her art box that comes out-she sets it all up like Brandon and also uses items like salt, saran wrap, bubble wrap and anything else Daddy uses to make his paintings cool.

Many of you know that I am now tail boneless- I had it removed last Thursday. Like many who live in places where there is ice-I slipped one year (or ever year since we have lived here) and it did me in! It broke and then fused in a 90 degree angle. 4 years and two kids later I was done! Many people do not know that they can take your tail bone out. It's not a surgery many doctors do. In fact there is only one doctor in all of Utah county that does. It has a high infection rate due to where it's located and the fact that it's a 4 inch incision. So needless to say they try everything else first. My doctor pulled all the "this surgery is a real pain in the butt" jokes while I waited to go into the operating room.

Ethan is as cute as ever! He is smiley, cuddly and loves to talk. What I love about Ethan is how relaxed he gets and how he sleeps. Whenever we go to my parents, my Dad take Ethan right off. I usually find them hanging out in my parents room with Ethan passed out.
He also loves to sleep on his Daddy-also in very relaxed positions.

A few weeks ago we went to the State fair. It was pretty much the same as last year, but still fun to go to. Annie loved seeing all the animals and decided that she wanted a baby goat (so my daughter). I wonder if she will want to do FFA when she is older.
They have an exhibit where the kids pretend to work on a farm. They have to "milk" a cow, plant seeds, harvest their veggie, take it to the market along with the milk and then get paid. With their money they can buy a snack at the store. Annie bought an apple with her money. It cracked me up that she got something we have at home-they had good snacks and she picked an apple. Guess I should not complain about her being healthy!

Ethan was not able to do all the chores on the farm but he did get to pose as a farmer. I think he looks a bit confused.

No comments: