Tuesday, June 16, 2009

There is a Whale in the Pool!

This last Saturday we decided to take Annie and my cousins, Sam and Sierra to the Orem Rec. Center pool. We had a crazy thunder storm hit and most of the outdoor pools were closed. All the kids were very excited, but I think Annie was the most. She has been talking about wanting to do swim classes for a few months now. Prior to this day-I did not have a swimsuit that fit. I just had one for when I was pregnant with Annie and we went to CA when I was like 6 months along. Ya I am way bigger now. Brandon convinced me to get one with the promise that it really would help relieve the pressure and pain I have been feeling. So I found a cute one at Target and off we went!I became the whale in the pool-lol.

Annie was not sure about the pool at first. She was cold and holding on to Brandon very tight. Finally we got her to relax and showed her how to kick while her held her facing out-she loved that. Before I knew it they were bobbing in the water, she was walking up the ramp in the water "swimming" and did not want to leave. Looking forward to more pool trips the summer-I bought her an inter tube yesterday. Since I brought it home she has not let it leave her sight. She loves her "floatie thing". She even took it in the tub with her last night. So today I am sitting at work and get this picture from my Mom.

I guess she took it to my Mom's too! So now it's a pool toy and a seat I guess! Looks comfy to me!

It's also good to use as a potty seat-you never know when you might fall in!

It's also a great pillow!

3 comments:

Nisha said...

Annie looks so grown up in these pics! I should take Sophie to the pool. My back is really starting to hurt :(

Anonymous said...

awww!
~cori

Scott and Stacia said...

How funny is that!! My favorite is the potty picture :)