Monday, June 29, 2009

37 Weeks

Today I went in for my 37 week appointment. After cramping all weekend (but no contractions) I was hoping there was some progress. There was some-I am just about fully effaced and he has moved down, but I am still just a finger tip dilated. I will be induced in two weeks-but my doctor is not sure I will make it to that date. That would be just fine with me-lol. I also have been having weird pain in my tummy. My skin falls asleep from my belly button down to my hips but not into my legs. It also is very painful to touch-even the smallest touch hurts. I was told today I have separated rectus abdominis (click for a link that tells more). Those are your 6-pack muscles. I guess it's pretty common in pregnancy after you have had one child and when your tummy grows so fast. It also causes back pain which I certianly have. My skin is just about stretched to it's max-and it hurts! So I am spraying first aid spray (the kind you use when you have a sunburn) and iceing it to help with the pain. Ah the joys of pregnancy and big babies. It's a good thing it's all worth it in the end!

3 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

Your are at the end stretch. Yipee!! Sorry you are in so much pain!! Hang in there, he will be here before you know it! Are you all ready for him??

Elmer Family said...

I am-I think it's easier to be ready the second time around since you have most of the stuff.

Kat M said...

I am glad things are moving along.
The right side of my stomach falls asleep when I lay on it too...strange.