Since it's been weeks since a real post-I thought I would catch you up. For the first time in a while I feel pretty good at night! So I decided it was time to sit down and blog. Oh how I have missed it! Allow me to catch you up on what the Elmer's have been doing...
This Thanksgiving we were blessed to have Brandon's parents and the two youngest Elmer's (Stephanie and Bryce) come for a week. It was so nice to see them, and spend Thanksgiving with them and many more members of the family. We got to go to Marley's the restaurant at the Harley dealership with my family and the Elmer's, enjoy Thanksgiving dinner at the Great One's (Brandon's Grandparents), a walk in the crisp fall air with my Mother in Law Chris, and a trip to Salt Lake with Bryce and Steph.

While in Salt Lake we went to the Beehive house. Annie just wanted to jump around. The sister missionaries talked about how we should think of all the kids running around and playing there, that day we did not need to imagine it, Annie was reenacting it for us. She was not out of control by any means, just the only child in the group. I just kept thinking of Brigham Young smiling and thinking of his kids-well at least that was what made me feel better-lol. Annie has been into temples. She knows where all the temples in the area are and points them out. She was very excited to see the Salt Lake Temple. The sisters at the Beehive house gave her a pass-a-long card with a picture of it. She knew just what it was and had to see it in person. She always calls them "my temple".

Next it was time to get ready for Christmas! We bought the cutiest 4 foot live tree and had a blast decorating it.

Even Freeway got in the spirt.

December 15th, my Grandmother Meme passed away. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about 7 years ago. She was my travel buddy, roommate on family trips, shopping buddy, the woman who taught me to love opera, read me Madeline books, fostered my love for the artist Monet, took me to Cardiff beach to touch the sea anemones, sparked my desire for crab and lobster the first time she gave me the claws of one she and Grandpa were eating. While her passing was a good thing-we will of course miss her. She and Annie had a great relationship as well. Annie always wanted to see Meme and ride on her lap as we pushed them in the wheel chair. I am so glad they were able to bond and I was able to get pictures of their fun adventures.

That same day we had our first big snow storm. Since I was home from work with Annie, we decided to check it out. She loves the snow and could not wait to go play in it.


Our house always gets the coolest icicles. My brothers think I am a nerd for wanting to take pictures of them (I took many and was very proud of my work-guess my Dad and I are a like. We always tease him for taking a million pictures of random nature things)

All that bring us to Christmas! Santa got some advice from my parents this year and got Annie a kitchen of her own. She loves it. She has been "cooking" for us. My favorite so far was when she found a candy bar in her box of food. She put it in a pot, on the stove, stirred it a little. Then poured it in a cup, brought it to me saying "Mommy hot coco!". How smart is she?!

With the Elmer's we do a gift rotation since there is 5 of them, 3 married with kids. This year Stephanie had us. She got Annie and I matching PJ's! Who knew they had some that would be in both of our sizes! We wore them until noon on Christmas.

Annie build a temple out of blocks and was very impressed with herself. Daddy had to hold Moroni since her arm was not long enough.

Since her birthday-Annie has really enjoyed unwrapping things. The gifts were her favorite part. she would have wrapped everyone's if we had let her.

The other fun thing was she loved everything she was given. Here is she hugging a new train for her Thomas set. It was Percy all decorated for Christmas.

While we waited for dinner, my aunt Allison and I messed around with the camera.

My brothers Ben and Tim joined in too.

It was a great day to be with family, relax, enjoy the snow. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well!
1 comment:
Those PJs are so cute!! How fun to have matching PJs with Annie! Sounds like Christmas was a hit! I am glad Annie and Meme got a chance to bond...the pictures you took of them together will be treasured!!
Post a Comment