Monday, September 22, 2008

They Are a Bunch of Dads!

Meet the Imagination Movers. If you have young kids you should check them out. Watching Playhouse Disney with Annie I would see their music videos in between shows. Then my sister in law Leslie send us a copy of their CD, Juice Box Heroes, and I was hooked! First Annie loves their music, her favorite is the Farm song. Second it's kids music I actually like to listen to! They say that they are what would happen if Mr. Rodgers collaborated with the Beastie Boys. I love it!

The next thing I love is that three of the four movers are Dad's! One mover Scott was an award winning elementary school teacher for 10 years too! Mover Rich is a father of 5 kids. Mover Smitty is a firefighter. They are from New Orleans and three of them lost everything in Katrina. Their story is inspirational. They wanted to create positive male role models for kids and give them a non cartoon show filled with music.

They now have a show on Playhouse Disney every morning. We record them and watch them later. Our favorite part is that we think Mover Smitty (with the cowboy hat) looks like Brandon! It's great-one show his hat flew off and he had cowlicks just like Brandon too! You'll have to check them out. On their shows they solve Idea Emergencies using problem solving skills and having fun. You can hear their songs at their site too!

6 comments:

Sankat said...

That is so funny you posted this...my kids are watching it right now!!
Oh and the cowboy one does look like your husband...haha

Amanda said...

I remember seeing them when we had the Disney channel. I always wonder about the guys who decide to become children's music stars. You know, what man growing up says, "I think I'll be a children's music star and do really silly things when I'm older."? I'm glad to know the Imagination Movers are good guys!

Nisha said...

I need to DVR this. Thanks for sharing a bit about their story. The one does look like Brandon. Love the new layout!!

Andrea said...

This is a new favorite in our house! Especially Super Goop, Liz has watched it over and over again. Gotta love the DVR!

The Gould Family said...

This is my kids favorite show right now! They cheer and laugh when it comes on!

The Gould Family said...

oh yeah i agree he does look like brandon!! ;0)