Friday, December 14, 2007

Reading with Meme

Annie has been into her Usborne Christmas Look and Say book and has wanted everyone to read it with her. She and Meme must have read it about five times. I was in the other room and this is what I would hear from Meme, "Oh you want to read this book? Well climb up (Meme helps Annie get onto her lap), see the tree? That is a snowman (a few more objects get pointed out then Annie climbs down).....Oh you want to read this book? Well climb up..." It was almost word for word. I guess at time like this having Alzheimer's is a good thing. Meme cannot get board with it! Annie loved it and I am sure they will do it again and again!

5 comments:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

It's so nice that Meme could come to Canada to visit you! LOL

Elmer Family said...

LOL you remembered the funny Meme stories!!! Yes we are in the American Canada-sometimes. Most of the time we are just in plain old Utah-lol

Hawkes Family said...

how is meme likeing canada? has she found out that there are those dang mormons there in canada too lol.

Amanda said...

Eliza--you reminded me of a story I read a while back in a magazine...I can't remember which one unfortunately. But, the author's dad, who had Alzheimers, came to live with them. The author's young daughter and her dad got along really well because they slowly came to the same mental level as he forgot and the daughter grew. It was super sweet--and I'm sure similar what Meme and Annie are experiencing right now. What a perfect situation for both of them!

Elmer Family said...

Amanda you are so right! They are each other's best playmates! She had learned how to say "Meme" and just thinks that meme is the funniest person around!