Sunday, November 04, 2007

Annie's Birthday Party

Saturday we celebrated Annie's 1st Birthday. The weather was great-sunny and in the 60's. We had over 20 people here to help us celebrate at my parent's house.
Here are some pictures of the fun!Brandon was the cake master. Our theme was rubber duckies. I baked all the cakes the day before and Brandon put them together and made them pretty!
The duck was for Annie-the other cake of the rest of us!
I looked everywhere for a duck PiƱata but could not find one. I thought for sure I had seen one somewhere. Anyway...when I started looking I could not find one so my cousin's Sam and Sierra thought a clown would work just fine. Annie took the first swing, and then we let the big kids at it. When the clown started falling apart she started crying! It was very cute. The only bad thing was that nobody was excited about the candy being that it was just Halloween! Good to remember for future parties.
Here are the three of us!
Now for the good stuff! The cake! Annie was not to sure about it at first. For the first five minuted she would take one finger, take off some frosting and eat it.

Here is the damage after five minutes.
Finally Brandon and my friend Cori showed her how to take chunks out and the party got going. Even still she did not get it all over her face or clothes! What a let down! LOL! She is into sharing! Here she is feeding Brandon some.
Here is a shot of the food (just for you Ashley!)
After the cake she took her cousin Sam to see the horses next door.
Then back for presents! Thank you again for everyone who came and also those who mailed gifts. We loved them all!

Annie is into dipping things. Here she just dipped her chip in ranch.Want some?
She even took time to make sure her Great Grandma Elmer (Great One) tried some
chip with ranch.
Here she is with Sierra playing with her new blocks.
Finally back home-she is now playing with a piano my aunt Allison and Sam and Sierra got her. It has a mic and she know how to use it! She will play a few notes, then say "hi"or "hiya" in the mic and then keep playing.It's way cute!
Annie's new favorite fruit are apples-she makes the cutest little teeth marks with her four fount teeth (two on top and two on bottom).

7 comments:

Ashby said...

Happy Birthday Annie! Looks like you guys had great weather for the party! And the cakes looked great. Brandon did an awesome job on them!

Scott and Stacia said...

The cakes turned out so cute!! Looks like the party was a hit! I love that Annie is now eating apples..too cute!

The Gould Family said...

That looks like so much fun!! How great the weather was nice for you! I love the duck cakes! And how cute about her singing into her microphone! That's adorable!!

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Looks like a fun party, and you know how I like ducks!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH! She is not allowed to be that old yet! That's terrific, thanks for sharing! (so cute!)

Mikael said...

how the heck did you make that duck cake? It looks amazing!! i could never do something like that

Sarah said...

Those cakes were awesome!!! What a cute theme, very original! She looks like she had a great day!